Come visit our awesome Pre-School!
Dawn Croan - Pre-K Director
- St. Gregory Pre-School is dedicated to providing a
Christian learning environment focusing on a hands-on curriculum.
- We offer classes for both three year olds and four year olds. The requirements for enrollment are your
child must be three years old by Oct. 1 of the year he/she plans to attend, and
your child must be potty trained. There
are no exceptions made regarding these regulations.
- Thematic units are utilized throughout the year to
introduce students to the alphabet, numbers, bible stories, colors, and shapes. Nursery rhymes, fairy tales, art, science,
field trips, music and movement are also an extremely important part of the
curriculum. Pre-school students also
visit the school’s library and attend Music class and Physical Education class
on a weekly basis, just as grades K-8 St. Gregory students do. They also attend our weekly all-school Mass.
- St. Gregory Pre-School exceeds KY state licensing standards.
- The Pre-School follows the same attendance schedule as the K-8 students at St. Gregory School.
- A certified Director, certified teachers and certified assistants staff our Pre-School.
- The Pre-School also produces a Christmas program in
December and has a graduation ceremony at the end of the school year.
- TUITION RATE 2013-14 FULL DAY $3,600.00 PER YEAR PER STUDENT
HALF DAY $1,975.00 PER YEAR PER STUDENT
$60.00 Registration Fee per child
- Letter recognition and printing
- Numbers one through twenty and counting
- Religion and prayer in daily life (Pre-School students attend weekly Mass with
K-8 St. Gregory students.)
- Colors and shapes
- Calendar and weather skills
- Nursery rhymes and fairy tales and distinguishing reality
- Rhyming words
- Recognition and printing of own name
- Art projects that help teach concepts using a hands-on
approach: painting, tear art, tissue
paper, coloring, cutting, tracing, cooking, shaving cream, dry erase boards,
playdough, water table, sand table (All senses are used to provide the best
- Problem solving skills
- Outdoor activities
- Science concepts:
Example: the life cycle of a
butterfly, apples, pumpkins, plants, etc.
- Music and movement and finger plays
- Oral communication
- Field trips
- Music program